Wednesday 21 April 2010

Skull Tattoo Designs

A lot of people like skull tattoo designs. I have to admit, they are growing on my too.

I used to think they were quite morbid but now I see them as more than that. We cannot deny death. We cannot deny what is below the skin. There's something primitive about a skull design so who knows?

I like the general idea of this tattoo, combining a skull with a tribal design. Actually, I'm not a big fan of tribal tattoos but this combination is pretty cool.

This is quite an interesting design, it's known as a sugar skull tattoo. I have to admit, I've never heard of this but it looks cool. What I like about it is that it is more colourful and less morbid. But you don't get the cool black and white shading from a more traditional skull tat.

Apparently a sugar skull is a kind of candy that is used in Mexico during some kind of celebration. Well, I never knew that, but from an aesthetic point of view, it's pretty cool, despite my having no connection to that particular culture.


Credits (Creative Commons license):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/protectorrr/3097332625/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/appyyy/4311331263/

For thousands of tattoo designs to choose from, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment