Friday 23 April 2010

Giger Tattoo Designs

Most people know of HR Giger from his work on the Aliens movies, all that biomechanical stuff.

And yet, this Swiss artist has been making art his entire life. He is known as a surreal artist. You can find tons of examples of his work via Google images and there is also some tattoo work on Flickr too.

Here is one such example of a HUGE backpiece I saw on flickr. btw you can see more of his work at his official website.

I am strongly considering getting a Giger tattoo. Perhaps on one arm and then something more "good" on the left hand side. My only concern is that it might not turn out right. We've all seen those tattoos based on photographs where the final tattoo looks nothing like the photo! I don't want that to happen with a Giger tattoo! And whilst I admire his work, I'm not sure I admire it enough to have it on my body over and above something else.

Credits (Creative Commons license):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianmcrob/677110987/

For thousands of tattoo designs to choose from, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment